• Register Today It's free!

Tornado fuel saver

wilsonwilson

Reaction score
City, State
pittsburg ks
Year, Model & Trim Level
92' E.B.
Got another wonder of automotive aftermarket.

has anyone used a tornado fuel saver? Its a little turbine fin that you put in your tubing to your airbox that make the air into a vortex, looks like it may work.

heres the site

www.tornadofuelsaver.com

I email them to see if you still get more power and fuel economy with a Filter charger already installed, I'll let you know what they say.

Wilson

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

those things are useless.

there are a few posts on this already.... try a search for "tornado"

in everyones opinon IT IS a waste of $$$$$$ It is a giant piece of $#!t

Save your money. They're a waste of metal. I bought one 6 years ago and it didn't do crap.

I disagree. I have the "Tornado" in place as well as a K&N Filtercharger, and it does make a difference. Albeit that it may not be a huge improvement, it does feel more responsive with less hesitation (and even hundreth's of a second matter). It also lowered my peak torwue by 100 rpm's or so (I have no idea why or how to be honest). Although it isn't the first thing that I would do with the money, it does help some (and where it claims a "great" fuel economy increase, I'm not sure I would call 3/4 of a mpg "great", but it did improve the overall numbers). Anyway, you're probably better off spending the money elsewhere, but if you really really care, it does help with the economy and air-delivery system as far as I can tell.

adam... you are wrong my friend... what is doing it is the k&n

Originally posted by adambone
I disagree. I have the "Tornado" in place as well as a K&N Filtercharger, and it does make a difference. Albeit that it may not be a huge improvement, it does feel more responsive with less hesitation (and even hundreth's of a second matter). It also lowered my peak torwue by 100 rpm's or so (I have no idea why or how to be honest). Although it isn't the first thing that I would do with the money, it does help some (and where it claims a "great" fuel economy increase, I'm not sure I would call 3/4 of a mpg "great", but it did improve the overall numbers). Anyway, you're probably better off spending the money elsewhere, but if you really really care, it does help with the economy and air-delivery system as far as I can tell.

Did you ren the comparasons with only the filter and only the fuel device? Or are your results a combination of both?

Thanks....

I had the K&N on there first, then added the Tornado on after about 6 months or so. True, the tornado came nowhere near living up to its claimed 18hp hain, but I did get a slight change. Again, not the best thing to spend your money on unless you have run out of stuff to do. You'd be better off going to the full blown K&N air induction with the extra money.

Maybe you could trade that fuel device for a lighter right shoe....if saving fuel is the goal.

Well, I just took a look at their website claim, and they are full of S@#t!!!! "Continuously whirls air around corners"???? C'mon, what a bunch of bull!! ANYTHING in front of your motor that blocks the air flow will not help it. The only thing this device does is suck $$$ out of your wallet. I have a degree in aerospace engineering, with a good background in fluid dynamics, and this thing WILL NOT WORK!!! Period. I'm not going to go into a 3 page dissertation on CFD here, but if anyone is interested, send me and E-Mail, and I can give you the full technical reason that it won't work. If it did work, the auto manufacturers would be lining up to put it in every vehicle to help with their fleet mpg.

The best thing you can do for your air intake is make the tube as large and as straight as possible.

Hey ya... I actaully logged on to post something about tornados and found this thread. I am also a doubter of the device. But recently my local news station did a report on them and tried them out in two cars.. one of them was an expedition... and they reported a 1-2 mpg gain in milage. Now... i still think its fixed.. but I really would like to see some real numbers on it... somebody with a regualar driving pattern and maybe access to a dyno for kicks. Hmmm....

By the way...I actaully have one of these from a while back... and the fins are very "open" and dont look like they could restrict airflow very much. hmm

nick

Back