• Register Today It's free!

Tornado

AKfun4wheelin

Reaction score
City, State
was Anchorage, Alaska now San Antonio, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XLT 4wd
any one use a tornado? they spin the air to give you better air flow. they install in the in take tube right behind the MAF.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They are great at what they do - that is removing money from your pocket and giving it to the charletons who make this device.

I saved my $ and put a mouse in my air box. :eek:
Why? I thought you might ask. Whenever I step on the gas he blows through the intake and it gives me a turbo effect.:D
I may sell them on ebay.:rolleyes:

The only thing they are good at is emptying your wallet. Do a search here on "Tornado". It's been discussed several times before.

HONESTY

They do work, I dont know about for the X but, On a honda 95 civic i have seen the difference. Nothing as for HP or TQ but gas milage does improve not to the extent that they advertize but noticeable on a honda :) if that says a whole lot. I wouldnt think youd see a difference with the X, who knows with a ricer, you could over inflate the tires and squeeze about another 50 miles out of a tank lol

sounds like a rip off! maybe I will give the home made intake a go. Thanks!

Actually guys, It kind of annoys me when I see how many disbelievers there are out there. The tornado is a great product. I was sold on it from the first time the the aircraft quality aluminum glimmered at me on the infomercial.

What the hell did I just say?? Strike that, reverse it. The tornado is a hunk of useless ****. The only modifications that you will honestly see results from are the serious modifications. And I'm not talking about "I/H/E".

I'm tired of all of the raving about how products like splitfire plug wires and bosch plugs add "seat of the pants" to peoples' trucks. I guess my "seat of the pants guage" is broken or something, because I've never felt any real difference to speak of by using these products. In fact, I feel like a moron for buying them. These little miracle bolt ons are really starting to piss me off.

so what do you think about MAFS then, i personally want one
ha ha

I can't understand why you people are not buying this product. I had one and noticed so much more seat of the pants power and fuel milleage increase, I decided to buy two. Yeah thats right two. This is a awsome setup. And for the low, low price of 59.99 each, they gave me a set of Ginsu knives and a George Forman grill free. And for use less fortunate people I was setup with a an EASY payment plan of 19.99 is 8 payments each. I don't know about you guys but I think I am going to get one more. Hurry while supplies last, they are running out FAST.

Eric

A bigger MAF? I think it's a waste of money unless you are running forced induction and need one that is calibrated for bigger injectors.

The Gen 1 Taurus SHO uses the same size MAF (I think it is the same part number even). If the MAF is adaquate to flow enough air to feed that motor, then it should be fine for an underachieving 4.0L.

actuly,,,,,,

if you've been consitering the "Tornado ®"
here's a tip to save some money.

Yes thats right! once again, you too can make your own custom peice!!!!
just follow these instructoins and you'll be off and on your way to all the fine benifits that the "Tornado®" offers, for less then the cost of buying one, and plus you get the satisfactoin of building it yourself! :)

here they are! read carefully and follow the directoins completly!

Shoping list:
1. one roll of the handy mans secret weapon,,,"Ductape..."
2. A Golden screawdriver (to remove and replace intake pipes)
and final: 3. Two Twenty dollar bills.

ok now that you have all the hardware your ready to start building!
1st, with your Golden screawdriver, remove the intake peice bettween the MAF and the TB
2nd, take your two twenty dollar bills and tape them together using the ductape, in an X shape, and try your best to make the fins of the X angle like a super high powered supercharger propeler (this part is critical as to how BIG of a gain YOU WILL receive.
now tape the money prop inside the intake pipe.
and last, reinstail all parts using you "Golden Screawdriver"

Fire it up and enjoy you new found power and fuel economy of the "Tornado®"
for far less!
what a bargain for just $40.00 plus golden screawdriver and ductape!.

(fine print)
i am held in no way responsible for anyone's stupidity, in actuly trying this, if you or anyone you know has tryed , or is thinking about trying this, call the number below

9am-8pm eastern 1-800-stupid-ppl

I love the infomercial with the 70 year old lady who wouldn't know a lug nut from a dog's nut talking about how her car really "gets going" and is so much more fuel efficient. She really cracked me up.

On a lighter side, this weekend I am going to get some black vacuum hose, attach to some of the 2" holes in my airbox and run them into some 2" holes I'll make in the air dam. Also considering dremeling out the left side of the grille near the cold air feed to the airbox to help it out a little. If all goes well I'll post some pics.

THE TORNADO IS A HUGE P.O.S.!!!!!!!!!

Back