• Register Today It's free!

Tornado

DaHeinah

Reaction score
City, State
Reno, NV
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 E.B. 4X4
I was wondering if any of you guys have heard of the Tornado air system. Here is the link: www.truckaddons.com
It looks kind of weird, one certainly has to be weary of a simple and easy 20 hp gain ;)
OR, it could be the best thing since sliced bread. Have you guys heard of/tried this mod?
Thanks!
Greg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

:D :D
That's what I thought.
BUT YOU CAN STILL GET 80 more HP!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p ;)

STAY AWAY !! Robb is correct, it actually might reduce HP:)

how many times does this topic have to keep coming up ?

Originally posted by 93exploder
how many times does this topic have to keep coming up ?
Probably not until it gets discontinued....and even then, eBay sellers will still have it:rolleyes:

Ebay??? I didn't even find it on ebay! I actually found it on truckaddons.com.
93Exploder-I had no idea it had even come up. I've never seen it on this forum, but I hadn't searched for it either...oops ;)
Actually, the tornado unit looked like such a POC (no, not products of conception :eek: ) that I just had to have a chuckle.
Thanks all

Originally posted by RFR2212
Huh? :rolleyes:

As long as it is available to people, then someone out there will belive the hp gain BS......

It impeeds acoustical energy during intake valve event!

KKM True Rev VS K&N FPIK

Greg, How do you like that KKM True Rev. Is it really showing an improvement? K&N makes an FPIK for the explorer. The KKM is less expensive, what's the word?
Thanks

Many members like the KKM kit. The only difference between it and the KN FIPK I is that it is not emissions certified. But the inspectors won't know the difference, especially if you put a KN sticker on your KKM kit ;)

I LOVE my kkm! I love the sound, the improved performance, and the improved gas mileage. Overall- definitely worth the money! BTW Alec- I just put on my K&N sticker from my old drop-in filter...everyone thinks it's a K&N, but we know the truth ;) .
Vernon, I'd go with the KKM- less expensive and excellent performance. Hope this helps.
Greg:D

Back