Torque App Q&A | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Torque App Q&A

Oh, you mean the battery on the car. I thought you meant on the phone. I didn't think it drew power from the battery just sitting there. Lol. Well that sucks

I've left mine plugged in for over a month with no issues... Most all new cars send the obd port idle after a certain period of time...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

are you talking about the Torque app? because i bought that on my phone as well when i ordered the OBDII sensor.

The "Torque Scan" is a plugin for the App.

Visit this webpage on your phone.
www.torque-bhp/wiki/plugins

Download the "torque scan" at the bottom of the list. This will give you more realtime info such as trans temp, mpg, and other temps.

Oh okay, sorry I didn't know what you meant by that at first. Thanks! will download that now

Make sure you add the predefined set of ford specific pid's to get full usage!
I almost doubled my inputs with them including the all important trans temp

has anyone gotten the Engine Oil temp or Engine Oil Pressure to work? I have the 4.6 and have tried using/updating the extended Ford PID's with no luck..

according to some docs I have found the PID# related to Oil are
1310 - oil temp degrees
16AF - oil temp volts
16A9 - oil temp fault

the ford list of extended PID's are using 1310. I will try 16AF but don't know the formula...

I was reading the Torque-BHP Bluetooth Comparison Chart and was wondering how many of you bought the inexpensive Chinese version. Does it work okay and have you had any connection problems?

SyberTiger said:
I was reading the Torque-BHP Bluetooth Comparison Chart and was wondering how many of you bought the inexpensive Chinese version. Does it work okay and have you had any connection problems?

I bought the cheap one off amazon from a US company. I had it in 4 days. Works great.

I love this app, think my next step is to mold a pod to permanently mount an old phone or small tablet above the radio...

I bought the cheap one off amazon from a US company. I had it in 4 days. Works great.

+1. got mine yesterday, works great as well

I love this app, think my next step is to mold a pod to permanently mount an old phone or small tablet above the radio...

I custom made one for my otterbox...nothin a lil jb weld and a dremel can't handle...
7345522170_d253e3a6f9.jpg

IMAG0503 by billyssingle, on Flickr
Even drilled a hole for the camera so I can use track recorder....
7345523162_4865d30091.jpg

IMAG0501 by billyssingle, on Flickr

Is 180ish okay for transmission temp on a day when it's 95+ outside? On days when it's middle to high 70s its averaging 175. Got no clue what it should be?

sounds about right, I've never seen mine over 185 on my drives to work. when towing you can see 220+ or even a little higher. go over 240 and i'd be looking at an extra cooler...

I ordered the BAFX ELM327 off of Amazon. Got it a few days ago and it's awesome! I will warn, however, that the latest Torque update, 1.5.70, started kicking back a "your adapter may be defective" error once I installed it. I uninstalled, went back to 1.5.68, and everything is fine again. I'm suspecting the issue is related to how the new version interacts with the J1850 protocol. I let the developer know, but wanted everyone here to be aware in case you have the same issue. For those of you just getting your adapters, you could potentially blame it instead of the Torque software version.

Available ECU Readouts

While I'm at it, I've got a question too. I downloaded the specific Ford PID's inside of the app, and there are tons of options now for gauges and data logging. The problem is, I'm sure that many of those options are not even supported by my ECU. I would like to isolate those which come directly from and are supported by my specific ECU. Does anyone know how I can determine specifically which PID's are supported by the ECU for a 2005 Sport Trac XLS 2WD?

easiest way is to install the torquescan plugin. it lets you see the whole PID list and shows current sensor values for each. the ones that have data provided are green...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

amnbcn said:
I ordered the BAFX ELM327 off of Amazon. Got it a few days ago and it's awesome! I will warn, however, that the latest Torque update, 1.5.70, started kicking back a "your adapter may be defective" error once I installed it. I uninstalled, went back to 1.5.68, and everything is fine again. I'm suspecting the issue is related to how the new version interacts with the J1850 protocol. I let the developer know, but wanted everyone here to be aware in case you have the same issue. For those of you just getting your adapters, you could potentially blame it instead of the Torque software version.

I have the same error issue. I'm going to try going back to older version, good idea. Thanks

Back