Torque converter solenoid replacement. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Torque converter solenoid replacement.

andys6

Reaction score
City, State
Illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 explorer sport
So I bought a 99 4door 4x4 with 163000 miles super clean 1 owner traded in to bmw dealership carfax with 26 maintenance reports, $2600 as is. Driving home the od/off light starts flashing. Took it back and they said it was the tcs which they would replace and split the cost.{250$ my cost) Question is should I be replacing anything else while they have it apart? Thanks for any help...

ahhhh...p0741...the notorious trans death code. sometimes its as simple as replacing the TC solenoid but usually it requires a complete rebuild of the transmission.

p0741 is "torque converter clutch solenoid off" and is essentially a generic code for telling you the transmission needs a rebuild. Look around on here, you will see many threads that replacing the TCS did nothing and required a complete rebuild of the valve body and replacement of all the solenoids.

you got ripped off man. I'm a licensed PA car dealer and i know that BY LAW you have 3 days to return that truck and get your full amount of money back. if they refuse, you can sue.

Back