Torque Monster Headers Ordered!!

wpurple

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Explorer
Bob at Tech Performance is awesome! It is nice not only to buy a quality and reputable product, but to have a live person who understands to back it up.

Too bad were on opposite sides of the country, have to wait a week to have my hands on them.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You will not be disappointed. My Torque Monster headers were the only thing Rick thought was picture-worthy on my truck during our last Truck Haven run. :p :D

me = Jealous! I need to arder another set for my 96 project = $$$$

410Fortune said:
me = Jealous! I need to arder another set for my 96 project = $$$$

Definitely. I'm going to order a set for my 306ci Mountaineer as soon as I am done with a couple plans for my Explorer. :exporange :thumbsup:

That's one mod I plan to do some day for sure. Make sure to let us know what you think once bolted on.

I hear they are sweet.

Hopefully I'll know for myself, one day.....

Congrats! I Hope to get some on after I gather some money this summer

Not too sure when I will install them, have many busy weekends coming up. Hopefully before April. I may change one side one weekend, and the other side another weekend.

Will start soaking the bolts with penetrating oil, and check to make sure I have all the tools I need.

Guess I could always play hookie from work ;)

make sure u take plenty of pictures!! and write a review about em!

Torque Monster Headers Ordered Too!

I also ordered a set of TM's. I talked to Bob on the phone and he really knows his stuff. I cant wait to install them. V8boatbuilder did an awsome write up on his install which I have read over quite a bit. I would be certain to look at his write up, as you may need some special tools. I ordered an 18mm flex head gear wrench to tighen my motor mount bolts. Good luck with the install.

subscribing to this thread

I got my video and install instructions from Bob today. Installing something like headers is definitely beyond my capabilities, but Bob seems to make it look easy. Good instructions too. I'm going to show them to a mechanic friend of mine to help estimate what it will cost me to get them installed some day. One sweet mod for sure.

Ouch mechanic is usually $3-5 for header install.

If yo have the means I would tackle this project myself. It is pretty straight forward.

410Fortune said:
Ouch mechanic is usually $3-5 for header install.

If yo have the means I would tackle this project myself. It is pretty straight forward.

LOL, I don't have the means, the patience, the tools, the skill or the ability to be without my car for extended periods of times (i.e. because there is no way I'd be able to do something like this and get it back together). The mechanic buddy I have used to work for beer. I'm going to see what his asking price is these days. I'm sending him Boat Builder's thread, and giving him the install video and instructions so he can give me a pretty good estimate of what it would take.

Celly,

We've sent a couple sets of Torque Monster Headers to Canada already. One set to British Columbia and another to Manitoba.

Bob:

It's not "if" I get a set, but "when". Budget permitting. Thanks for getting me the vid/instructions so quickly.

Cheers,

Brad

Back