Torque Solutions Short Billet Antenna | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Torque Solutions Short Billet Antenna

thestumper

Reaction score
City, State
Pittsburgh, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer Sport
What: Torque Solutions Short/Stubby Billet Antenna

Where: eBay

How much: $13.00 (some are listed at $20?). Free shipping.

Why: Regular antenna on my sport scraped the garage door.

Pros: Works. Doesn't scrape anymore. Inexpensive. Seems well made.

Cons: Doesn't look completely "stock". Black only. Not a Shark Fin...

I knew my Sport would be a tight fit in the garage when I bought it, but there was actually more clearance than I though, except for one thing - the antenna. My search for the ubiquitous "Shark Fin" in factory colors has so far come up empty , so I was looking for a cheap, quick solution. Found the Torque Solutions stubby/short billet antenna for $13.00 and decided that it might be worth a shot. It arrived yesterday so I hooked it up and FM reception seems to be fine. Granted, I haven't gone on a longer trip with it so I have no idea how well it will pull signals in at a distance, but around town it works great. Road trips are typically iPod or XM for me, so I'm not real concerned about long rage reception. Aesthetically it looks good, but doesn't quite have that "factory" look like the Shark.

Bottom Line: For $13.00 I'm happy :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sweet. Do you have a picture of it?

Torque Solutions Short/Stubby Billet Antenna

Sweet. Do you have a picture of it?

Amazon also sells this antenna for $13. It is nothing more than a 3.8 inch stubby antenna that you unscrew your old antenna and screw the new one in the oem base/mount.

The Sharkfins from Visual Garage are available! at least as of a few weeks ago. Their website is down. You just have to contact them directly by email. I ordered one about 3 weeks ago on Aug 19th. Just emailed them saying send me a paypal invoice for a Sharkfin, this is my vehicle year & model, color preference, address phone# ect..
You will get an automated instant reply saying not taking orders blah, blah, blah, but then shortly after they'll email you with the cost, sharkfin part# ect and then they'll send you the invoice.
The antenna showed up a week later.
Got it sitting right here on my desk until my Sport arrives in about 2 weeks.
I purchased one about 3 years ago for my Equinox and love it, looks cool, no problems, 10min install
The antenna you listed above certainly corrects the long sticking up issue and is cheap but the sharkfins do look awesome, only $87 and included shipping to Canada. I'm going with the black fin on my silver sport.

Description Unit price Qty Amount
VGSFA-MKII-2014 Ford Explorer - Tuxedo Black Metallic / M7211A (UH) - F $87.00 1.000 $87.00
Subtotal $87.00
Shipping and handling $0.00
Total $87.00 USD

http://www.visualgarage.com/
email them at sales@visualgarage.com

Amazon also sells this antenna for $13. It is nothing more than a 3.8 inch stubby antenna that you unscrew your old antenna and screw the new one in the oem base/mount.

Precisely. I drove around the greater Pgh metro area to day and it seemed to work very well. For $13.00 I wasn't expecting miracles, but it does make a significant difference between having no antenna and having something.

I may try to get the Shark - at $87.00, I have to weight the aesthetics vs. how much I actually listen to FM :)

Back