• Register Today It's free!

TORSION BAR ALIGNMENT

autofitz

Reaction score
City, State
st peters MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 explorer 4dr 4x4
OK i put rear shackles on my 95 4dr 4x4 explorer. i am going to put on 31"s on tomorrow, and crank up the front torsion bars 1.5-2". i have new shocks also

Do i need to pay $80-$100.00 for a custom alignment, or can i use a normal Firestone alignment? i can get 3 alignments for $120.00 at firestone, and i have multiple cars.

IF ANYONE has done this lift, please tell me what kind of alignment i should get. if i went with firestone, they will pretty much give me one free alignment with the 3 for $120.00 deal. if anyone got a normal stock alignment, PLEASE tell me how it worked out. FELL free to email me autofitz@charter.net

I don't trust Firestone with anything. Besides the tire thing, they messed up my friend's car beyond help. After the torsion bar lift, the alignment should still be in spec and shouldn't need any new parts, so anyone should be able to do it. But I'd go somewhere that you're sure they'll do it right.

Case in point: I had my truck aligned more than a few times by Ford and Goodyear in the first 3.5 years I had it. I wore out tires and had road noise and vibes due to the front end coming out of spec. Then I got it aligned at a good independent shop and it's stuck ever since, even with 2 new sets of larger tires, 2+ years, and multiple offroad trips.

Back