Torsion Bar Isolator?!?! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Torsion Bar Isolator?!?!

taxxmas2k

I understand what you and Ray are saying, but didn't you have to either use these parts or modify your '97 to get the lift kit on? Thought thats what you said in your previous post about the bracket you made. Maybe I misunderstood.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I had to use the parts to get the lift on. Maybe I am missunderstanding you. Are you putting these on with a lift?

Nope, not doing the lift. I guess this is where the confusion is. With the lift there is enough room to put the isolator on, without it there isn't?:confused:

Look at the pictures again. The isolator goes in the Extended torsion bar bracket that comes with the lift. The bracket goes over the dimpled portion of the old place where the torsion bar adjuster used to go.
The only way to get the isolator to work would be to grind off the old dimpled piece that is welded to the frame, then weld a small metal box to the frame that would hold the isolator. If you look at a 98+ model and look the your 97 you can see the diffenance.

Originally posted by Ray Lobato
Look at the pictures again. The isolator goes in the Extended torsion bar bracket that comes with the lift. The bracket goes over the dimpled portion of the old place where the torsion bar adjuster used to go.
The only way to get the isolator to work would be to grind off the old dimpled piece that is welded to the frame, then weld a small metal box to the frame that would hold the isolator. If you look at a 98+ model and look the your 97 you can see the diffenance.

couldn't have said it better.

95-97 Torsion Bar Kevlar Pad Upgrade

This 95-97 clunking torsion bar adjuster problem has come up again. I think someone who is irritated by the design of the 95-97 kevlar patched adjuster needs to buy the 98-01 adjuster, and the two isolator parts, shown on the first page. One of you needs to get those "5B33" and "5B334" parts, and see what it will take to mount them onto the 95-97 frame.

They will surely be special order parts, so only get the two from one side first. I can get you some pictures of my 99 Explorer, assembled. The body is off, so I can take pictures from all angles. Any volunteers, BuffaloXplorer? Good luck,

Take those pictures, I'm thinking of switching out the assembly. I changed out the torsion adjusters but the clunk continues =/

Okay, I'll get back to you. I'll ask you for an email address, so that you can do a write up and sponsor the pictures. Regards,

Need some FAST Help!!

Hello? Is there anybody in there. Just nod if you can here me. Is there anyone at home? (pink floyd)

Can anyone help me at all? I have talked to Taxxman about this but I am still unclear on the isolator. Does anyone have part numbers? Drawings? Anyyything??
My tires came in today and lift should be tommorow so, I would like to get this part ordered so it can be here by fri-sat.

THanks,
Kendal
Good day I have a Ford ranger it does have a torsion bars suspension the item you’re talking about goes above the torsion bar key and it supposed to be a little metal piece with it the insulator keeps it from moving around and off the frame it is also in the Ford explores in the Mazdas B series too I’m looking for the damn thing myself and yet have not found it I’ve only found a little plastic piece that goes above it but I need the metal piece that goes between the insulator and the key so thank you for bringing this to the attention of the world

Back