• Register Today It's free!

Torsion Bar????

Andy C

Reaction score
City, State
Las Vegas, NV.
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 XLT
I DID THE TORSION TWIST AND PRO COMP ADD-A-LEAF THIS WEEKEND AND GOT 1.75" ALL AROUND, HOWEVER WHEN I DID THE TORSION TWIST AFTER TWISTING UP THE DRIVERS SIDE TO TWO INCHES (WHICH ALMOST BOTTOMED OUT THE BOLT) I ONLY HAD TO TURN THE PASSENGER SIDE ADJUSTMENT ABOUT THREE TURNS. AFTER DRIVING THE TRUCK EVERY THING SETTLED TO THE 1.75" THAT IT SITS AT NOW. MY QUESTION IS, SHOULD I BE CONCERNED THAT MY DRIVERS SIDE TORSION ADJUSTMENT IS ALMOST BOTTOMED OUT AND THE PASSENGER SIDE WAS HARDLY ADJUSTED FROM STOCK?......BY THE WAY I PUT ON PRO COMP 31-10.50'S MT'S, GOT ALL FOUR MOUNTED, BALANCED, AND NEW VALVE STEMS FOR $414.00 AT FOUR WHEEL DRIVE PARTS IN LAS VEGAS THEY ARE HAVING A SALE, BUY 3 GET 1 FREE!

no dont worry about it. most explorers are like that due to manufacturing tolerances or due to sping sag as the driver is the only one in the car all of the time it is running and passengers are in it a lot less.....post some pics :)

JAMES,
THANKS FOR THE INFO, I WOULD LOVE TO POST PICTURES BUT I DONNT HAVE A CLUE HOW TO DO THAT. THE ONLY TIME I USE A COMPUTER IS TO LOOK AT STUFF ON HERE. SO FOR NOW YOU'LL JUST HAVE TO TAKE MY WORD FOR IT THAT IT LOOKS GOOD.........WOULD RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE WITH THE NEWER EXPLORER

Yes, don't worry, actually it is due to the fact that ine of them is longer than the other. I can't remember which one though.

Back