Tossing in towel - need Explorer 302 / EEC-V friendly cam choices | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tossing in towel - need Explorer 302 / EEC-V friendly cam choices

Alright gents, I am temporarily throwing in the towel on the 351W swap. I just don't have the time to do the 351W how I want, so I am putting those parts on the shelf for a while and going to get my 302/KB supercharged engine out and pop it back in. Heck, I haven't driven this truck in OVER 2 years!!!!

Now, since I know it won't be until this time next year I can get back to the 351W, I am planning some mild performance upgrades to the 302. I already added a bypass system to the Kenne Bell 1.5L an will run with a 1.5L unless I can find a cheap 2.2L compressor. For heads, I plan to put on a set of TFS TW heads, which I will buy tomorrow.

NOW, the big question - what off-the-shelf cam can I use to run with the EEC-V explorer PCM and get good boosted performance from? I am Auto and don't want hunting idle, stalling, etc.. Sadly, I also don't have time to wait for a custom cam, so let me know your experiences!

My recommendation would be contact Comp Cams and see what they can offer. Not necessarily a custom grind but which "off the self" cam they offer which would work with your application.

If I were to offer advice on a Ford Cam I would probably lean towards the E303 but I really feel this may not be your best setup.

Back