Total height including antenna? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Total height including antenna?

bad_dog

Reaction score
I assume that the 70.4" height does not include the roof mounted antenna. My garage door many not be tall enough. Does anybody know the height of the Explorer including the antenna? Is this antenna only for serius radio, and are there any shorter antennas available for the explorer?

Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Type Antenna in the search box

I assume that the 70.4" height does not include the roof mounted antenna. My garage door many not be tall enough. Does anybody know the height of the Explorer including the antenna? Is this antenna only for serius radio, and are there any shorter antennas available for the explorer?

Thanks.

Not to be an ass but you cleary didn't search. A couple of pages back you'll find alternatives for the antenna.

I did search, but couldnt find the height including the antenna. I found the alternative antennas, including the shark fin antenna. But I am trying to figure out if I will need to order one, based on the height of the Explorer including the antenna. My garage door may be a problem for me.

I see 70.4" listed everywhere, but I dont think it includes the height of the antenna.

If anybody knows the height - including the antenna, please let me know.

Thanks.

I just measured mine. The 70.4" height looks like its the height up to the top of the side rails. The antenna is about 9.5" measured from the top of the Ex. The side rails are approx. 3", so my total estimation of height would be right about 77".

I just measured mine. The 70.4" height looks like its the height up to the top of the side rails. The antenna is about 9.5" measured from the top of the Ex. The side rails are approx. 3", so my total estimation of height would be right about 77".
Just measured mine and I agree with the 77" (6'5") figure.

Back