Totaled..... | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Totaled.....

That stinks that you got hit like that. That's what happened to my old Explorer, 'Money Pit'. A guy ran a red light going 60 mph and broadsided me. Hope you can get it all straightened out with the insurance company.

ampAlex,
Those rims look like Cragar Soft 8 rims. I got some for my Grand Cherokee from Summit Racing at a good price. Google Cragar Soft 8 and see if that's the rim you want. As popular as they are, you should be able to find a nice set used at a good price.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That stinks that you got hit like that. That's what happened to my old Explorer, 'Money Pit'. A guy ran a red light going 60 mph and broadsided me. Hope you can get it all straightened out with the insurance company.

ampAlex,
Those rims look like Cragar Soft 8 rims. I got some for my Grand Cherokee from Summit Racing at a good price. Google Cragar Soft 8 and see if that's the rim you want. As popular as they are, you should be able to find a nice set used at a good price.

Yeah.. at least it's still drivable though.. That's pretty much how my Mountaineer(money pit)is... That's why I dont it totaled..

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I finally heard back from the insurance company after weeks of fighting with them, faxing invoices and getting estimates... They offered me a check for $5140.90 for repairs to the truck. Dont have to buy it back or salvage title... Just have to sign a liabilty wavier since they totaled it and Im just fixing it anyway. I am so releaved!! This is exactaly what I wanted since it's all just body damage.:D

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I finally heard back from the insurance company after weeks of fighting with them, faxing invoices and getting estimates... They offered me a check for $5140.90 for repairs to the truck. Dont have to buy it back or salvage title... Just have to sign a liabilty wavier since they totaled it and Im just fixing it anyway. I am so releaved!! This is exactaly what I wanted since it's all just body damage.:D

gratz and glad to hear its all working out :D

pssh, but really "totaled" a mounty... what kinda crazy people are they?

Good deal. :thumbsup:
You should have money left over after repairs for some new truck toys.

puffft. that's hardly a scratch. i've put a few cars backtogehter (with just my redneck tools) which were way more "totalled" than that, for a few bux and a few hours work..

it's a no brainer, buy it back and have at it!!

Good deal. :thumbsup:
You should have money left over after repairs for some new truck toys.

oh yeah.. i'm hopping so.. use the rest of it to pay off my stroker motor so i can get that sucker in there!!

Back