• Register Today It's free!

totalled my explorer... (w/pics)

skoobydoobiedew

Reaction score
City, State
St. Paul, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 EB
so i totalled my 94 explorer when this lady pulled out in front of me.. driving a 98 explorer none the less.. lol.. her insurance is writing me a check for $3450.. so i guess ill be going car shopping... possibly a newer explorer in my future?!?! who knows!

here's some pics...

4-9-07202.jpg

4-9-07208.jpg

4-9-07203.jpg

4-9-07206.jpg

4-9-07205.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well that sucks, but at least you will get a little money out of the deal. Is the frame bent? Otherwise you could buy it back and fix it somewhat easily.
Glad you made it out unhurt!

Bummer! Maybe a time to build a trail rig?

Wanna sell me your subwoofer???

Mine was damaged that bad once. My little brother hit a tree. I replaced the core support, hood, fender, and, bumper. Repainted it all. Looks good. Junk yard parts. Only costed me $1,000 total.

buggy it.... :D

Looks to me like with about $400 and a few hours of work that baby would be streetable again.

a trail rig would be awesome.. but ive only got a year before i leave for college... so id need to have something that i can drive on a daily basis.. on pavement that is.. haha. i think i might save a little more money and get a 2nd gen with an sohc and wait til im outa college to build my dream explorer cause as you all know 4-wheeling isnt the best on your wallet. its sad to think that a car accident would take me outta four-wheeling.. but only temporarily.. the urge will ALWAYS be there.. haha!

not sure where the totalled part comes from.. doesnt look that bad at all? maybe cause of how old it is.

Doesn't look bad, is the frame bent? If not buy it back, hit the junk yard for some new body pannels and primer it.

try to get the wheels and tires at least....

if it were me that happened to... i'd get the money lift it higher and still drive it

I would buy it back

Ill buy ur front door panels

my 96 was worse then that before I rebuilt it, I picked it up for $900 and put about $1000 into it for all new body panels (front clip), airbags, and welded in a new core support, better then new.

I dont think that sucker is totalled

...it'll buff out....

It's not that bad, my buddy pancaked his explorer by rolling it down a hill for 200 ft. and it only cost him $2000 to get it back to new.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Buy Back!

Back