Totally New Pics incl. Trimming! d/u warning | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Totally New Pics incl. Trimming! d/u warning

I just bought a new camera and had some fun. Following are pics of my new (painted) fenders, close up trimming shots, and a few others. Sorry if they take a while to load.

My hood scoop should be coming soon and should be installed by early November. I'll also be putting on some new "supercharged" stickers then, replacing the ones that were on the old fenders.

Enjoy the pics!

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Trimming shots:
Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

my newer VDO egt gauge:
Dead Link Removed

How's this for advertising?
Dead Link Removed

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Alec, I cant really tell from the pictures. Did you have to actually cut the Perry fenders at all or just the plastic fender/wheel well insert, tupperware trim, and the front bumper? And I think I read in your other thread about them that they didnt fit just perfect when you got them. Could you expand on that as to how much work had to be done to get these on. Thanks
Gary
Lookin good by the way

The fenders went on really easy. The only place we had to cut them is up by the cowl. This was expected. So yes, the trimming I speak of is on the other body panels, plastic liners and trim, and front bumper.

Oh, and I know you can't really see in the pictures, but not bad for a $3 paintjob on the fenders, huh?

Well, I know a bunch of people were asking for new pics and especially trimming shots, so BTT!

It looks great Alec! Did you use spray can paint for the fenders or something? It still looks awesome.....

that does look AWESOME!! the paint looks great, good job! your "raised black ford explorer SUV" reminds me of another kinda SUV right now, i just cant put my finger on it... ill think of it sooner or later

Originally posted by coolchriscush
your car reminds me of another kinda car right now, i just cant put my finger on it...

Chris,
You must never, ever, call the Explorer a CAR! What a degrading term to it!!!!

You two both have some sweet Explorers, if I ever get another one, It will definitley be black. They look so good in black and modded.....

Originally posted by Crankcase
Chris,
You must never, ever, call the Explorer a CAR! What a degrading term to it!!!!

hah you know what i mean... around here every "automobile" is a "car" more specificly i guess i could have said truck, or if you want to get picky... black raised ford explorer SUV. haha but you know what i mean...

One reason I don't talk to many of my college friends anymore is that they all called it a car. My new med school buddies are smart enough to know better ;)

Chris, your truck is one of the reasons I got the fenders, they looked so good on yours.

And yes, the $3 paintjob is from a can :D

I'm so happy with it, I'm glad I can share it with all of you!

That CAR looks great.......I love the all black and the new fenders. My aunt calls my Explorer an ATV!

your truck sure has come along way....
very nice:D

makes me wish i still had my explorer:(
maybe ill be able to buy another one someday...

Well, next time I need a $6 paintjob. With heavy rain on the hwy the paint basically got powerwashed off. Next time I'm gonna sand, primer, then paint. A little more time but not much more money. The spraypaint just doesn't stick to the fiberglass gelcoat well.

On another note, the new fenders just paid for themselves. While I was at school today someone hit my truck either with a hard door slam or a bike. The paint on the backside of the driver fender is messed up and the mirror was heavily tweaked. Fortunately, the fender just bounced back! I'm sure a steel fender would have been fubared. I just snapped my mirror back on and I have to repaint anyway, so no damage done ;)

Wetsand! It'll give great results! Looks good, but i bet your "advertising" would add a nice bit of drag...

Just a guess

Yes, the roof basket does add quite a bit of drag, but I use it often. The windscreen on it makes it much quieter, but I can feel the drag at higher speeds and in wind.

Back