Touch screen intermittently not responsive and backup camera issues | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Touch screen intermittently not responsive and backup camera issues

Reaction score
City, State
Redwood City, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer Sport
I've had this behavior a few times now where the Touch Screen gets stuck in the Entertainment display mode, and won't respond to inputs for Information, Phone, or Climate. Will post video later.

I've gotten it to work again by shutting down the vehicle, and restarting everything.

Unfortunately, my back up camera has also started acting up where sometimes it just won't display anything, and I have even gotten the error to take it to my dealership. I mentioned it to them, and they said it usually runs about 450 for the camera and they said total job would be over $900. Now i've seen the thread where folks have done it themselves. In fact, I mentioned this to the dealership, and they said it's usually not just the camera, but it's also the cable that needs to be replaced.

I'm starting to wonder if the two aren't linked. Anyone else have screen and camera issues?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't think the 2 issues are related since the camera is displaying the dealership message and your vehicle is a 2013. Many members of the earlier models have run into the same issue with having to replace the camera. I have not read any posts that I can recall where a cable needs to be replaced. For the MFT screen have you ever tried to do a Master Reset?

Peter

I don't think the 2 issues are related since the camera is displaying the dealership message and your vehicle is a 2013. Many members of the earlier models have run into the same issue with having to replace the camera. I have not read any posts that I can recall where a cable needs to be replaced. For the MFT screen have you ever tried to do a Master Reset?

Peter
Thanks Peter, i haven't. I'll try the master reset and see if that works.

Did the Master reset work? I am having the same issue.
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:

Unfortunately, as happens all too often, that member didn't follow up and hasn't been seen here since Nov. 5th, 2018.

Peter

Back