Touch up paint how to '04 Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Touch up paint how to '04 Explorer

Can someone shed some light on this. Some Jack Azz just rubbed against the side of my rear bumper and removed paint, about 1/2 by 8, in a semi circle. Not sure how it was done. Doesn't seem to be any indentation other than the swirling that was left from the scratch. There is some loose paint at the top of the scratch and just below on the tan portion of my Black and Tan Eddie Bauer. Have to touch up both the black and the tan. Will need to sand first, than prime and paint. Any body and fender guys out there, I'd appreciate some "how to" on this. Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you have to sand , prime , then paint , I don't think it counts as a touch up. lol

You should be able to just spray paint over the scratch. With black exploders you cant really tell. Smae with the tan parts , some hardware store like "do it best" have a big selection of tan spray paint.

The scratch is 1/2 wide and has loose paint at the top and bottom. Call it touch up or spot repair or whatever. What you call it doesn't really matter. Fixing it the right way so that it doesn't peel again does. Can't just spray paint over peeling paint. Thought someone else may have some experience with this sort of repair. I'll work on it when the snow melts. ;)

no problem. just remember to check the sticky's for a lot of commonly asked questions and plenty of helpful articles. good luck.

Back