Tow hooks | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tow hooks

Reaction score
City, State
SoCal
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT 4x4
what kind of tow hooks do i want to get for my 94 explorer?

is it 2 bolts or three bolts? im lost on what to get for it. i looked on 4wheelparts.com

if someone can recommend something or tell me whats good that would be a big help.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Take a peek at Ld50's Mod thread. For some info and pics.. Basically most people get the 2 bolt 10Klb hooks and mount them as in the pic below.

attachment.php

I used to factory hooks from a F-150 I found in the junkyard and it fit on my Sport-Trac without any mods. A direct bolt on, just don't forget the captive nuts in the frame they are a little hard to get out sometimes but you will need them

ok then im set on those ones for the front.

will those fit on the back to or are there different ones for the back.

is there any D hooks that i can get for my explorer.?

For the rear you can get a 2" receiver and use a receiver shackle like the Warn 29312 pictured below.
41B0VKEXKFL._SS500_.jpg

What is cheaper to buy just the hooks and get the hardware separately of get it all in one package?

for that i would need a hitch. right? i have the Ball on the back. can i take that off and replace it with a hitch

for that i would need a hitch. right? i have the Ball on the back. can i take that off and replace it with a hitch

I am assuming you are talking about the stock bumper hitch.. If so you can simply remove the ball and install a class III hitch. There are various hitch styles available (round hidden type and std box type).. Search the site for hitch and you'll get lots of info.

Back