tow hooks

LONO100

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Bay Area CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 sport trac XLT
im looking for some tow hooks to put on the front of my 2003 ST XLT, but im having trouble finding a set online. i measured the dropout holes on the frame and they were 2 3/8 in apart. does anyone know where i can find a good set? ive found a couple tow hooks online for cheap but they dont say whether they are compatible with the ST. i dont want to have to drill new holes in the frame if i dont have to. im not lookign for a super fancy set, just some good sturdy, black tow hooks. any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

As tow hooks were standard with certain packages, your best bet might to look for a ST in a salvage yard and remove them. You can see them in the image below.

5da7d444954e86ca7c0bddd469a1236698ea6883.jpg

Same as F150's.
You can get them off of eBay HERE

Or HERE

BEST DEAL since these have the fasteners. You can't hardly drive to a salvage yard and remove them yourself cheaper than these.

thanks ranchero, you always seem to have the answer! so you say that any tow hook that will fit on an f-150 will fit on a 03 sport trac?

Those tow hooks in the best deal ad are cheap, I don't think a junkyard would even sell them that cheap.

They are the same tow hooks used on our ST's as listed in the ebay ads. You should have the factory mounting bracket stamp welded to the inside of the frame rails even if yours didn't come equipped fromt he factory with them.

Back