• Register Today It's free!

Tow Package

mjsavocat

Reaction score
City, State
Newtown, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Ford Explorer LT
This is a question for a friends at Ford Customer Care. I have a 2012 Explorer Limited with the tow package. It was manufactured in late July 2011 and delivered in early August. Should the tow package have come with the compressor under the front seat. Mine did not have the compressor and the dealer has no idea. There are many opinions on the forum whether it is still included with the tow package.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Search would have answered your question. "No"

Not included with the 2012 models. Discontinued.

Do 2012's get a better spare?

I checked both MYs, it looks visually the same? I had a compressor under the 2nd row seat in a vinyl bag with Velcro, it mounts under the drivers seat, which is very hard to get too.
With 4 recent trips to the dealer for minor issues, I have checked 5 other x's that have the tow package and have found none.

With that said does anyone know if you get a trailer plug with the tow package?

This is a question for a friends at Ford Customer Care. I have a 2012 Explorer Limited with the tow package. It was manufactured in late July 2011 and delivered in early August. Should the tow package have come with the compressor under the front seat...
Welcome to the forum, mjsavocat! I verified the tire inflation kit does not come with the 2012MY. Enjoy your time on the boards! :D

Do 2012's get a better spare?
Car 54,
I checked and found the spares are the same for both years. :)

...With that said does anyone know if you get a trailer plug with the tow package?
Spengracin,
I was advised that you do have the trailer plug end on the vehicle with the tow package. Happy towing! ;)

Cory

Back