Towing a 1992 Ford Ranger on a dolly..(HELP). | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Towing a 1992 Ford Ranger on a dolly..(HELP).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

is it 4wd or 2wd? auto or manual? if it is an auto 4wd with a manual case you can put the tcase in neutral. if it is a 5 speed you can put the trans in neutral.

I would get uner it and take the drive shaft bolts to the pinion off and disconnect the drive shaft, that way you know it is not turning at all, do not just put it in neutral, if towed in neutral with a auto trans it will break the trans ,

DETAILS??? Auto or Manual, 2WD or 4WD, How far are you towing it on a dolly?

I have to tow my 1992 ford ranger on a tow dolly , do i have to discconnect the driveshaft from the back.? and if so how do i do that.?

As mentioned, not enough information.

If it is a manual transmission and/or a manual transfer case. Place one of the two in neutral, and yes, it can be towed that way, unlimited speed, unlimited distance.

Automatic transmission? Without a manual t-case, no, you cannot unless you remove the shaft. (For a one-time tow, speeds under 45 miles for no more than 50 miles, it should be fine... but I forget exactly the numbers the manual specs out for that case.)

Back