Towing Question 2nd Gen ST | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Towing Question 2nd Gen ST

papaebs

Reaction score
City, State
Philadelphia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Accord HA
Hello gents,
After some searching for my first truck, I am going to be looking to purchase a 2007 V8 Explorer ST . Back story - I will be starting a concession cart business that will require me pulling a 2-3k trailer to sell food obviously.

I have a question on towing - the current configuration on the V8 ST I am looking at is a 1 1'/4 hitch receiver. Now, would that be sufficient in towing a 2-3k load? Also, I don't see any hitches out there which makes me assume that the hitch from this Explorer ST for this year is factory made/included. Are there any options to upgrade to a better hitch system for this year? Perhaps the stability hitches that connect further up the frame?

Thanks in advance!!

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

loooney2ns

Reaction score
City, State
LONG ISLAND, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2009 EXPLORER LTD 4.6L
You need a class III hitch, which is 2". You have a classII. You need to upgrade the hitch to tow safely.

<

papaebs

Reaction score
City, State
Philadelphia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Accord HA
You need a class III hitch, which is 2". You have a classII. You need to upgrade the hitch to tow safely.
How would I go about upgrading? Would I only have the option through Ford to get that done? Thanks

<

bdmaash

Reaction score
City, State
YYC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'07, '01 sport trac
huh!, I'm towing a 19' hybrid camper trailer (3500lb) stock, with stabilizer bars
read the owners manual, they came with class 2 and class 3 option

<

<