Towing Question 2nd Gen ST

papaebs

Reaction score
City, State
Philadelphia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Accord HA
Hello gents,
After some searching for my first truck, I am going to be looking to purchase a 2007 V8 Explorer ST . Back story - I will be starting a concession cart business that will require me pulling a 2-3k trailer to sell food obviously.

I have a question on towing - the current configuration on the V8 ST I am looking at is a 1 1'/4 hitch receiver. Now, would that be sufficient in towing a 2-3k load? Also, I don't see any hitches out there which makes me assume that the hitch from this Explorer ST for this year is factory made/included. Are there any options to upgrade to a better hitch system for this year? Perhaps the stability hitches that connect further up the frame?

Thanks in advance!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You need a class III hitch, which is 2". You have a classII. You need to upgrade the hitch to tow safely.

You need a class III hitch, which is 2". You have a classII. You need to upgrade the hitch to tow safely.
How would I go about upgrading? Would I only have the option through Ford to get that done? Thanks

huh!, I'm towing a 19' hybrid camper trailer (3500lb) stock, with stabilizer bars
read the owners manual, they came with class 2 and class 3 option

Back