• Register Today It's free!

Toyota Tacoma X-Runner

mcG

Reaction score
City, State
Pennsauken, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Sport
what are your thoughts on this sporty pick-up? 245hp, 6speed, around $23k new.

X-Runner

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It'd look better on fire at the bottom of a cliff

Oh, oh, oh wow. That is a very ugly creation.

I am not fond of the looks at all, but maybe it has to grow on people.

I personally think that the truck looks better in the TRD off-road package with on demand locking differentials. And the hood scoop. Access cab or double cab-long bed. Oh and by the way, I LOVE toyotas. :D

Looks too "beefy" to be lowered. One good thing is that it isn't as ugly as the Avalanche or Ridgeline. :D

bmxking5 said:
One good thing is that it isn't as ugly as the Avalanche or Ridgeline. :D
You gotthat right.

I hate most Toyota products, but believe it or not I like the new Tacomas.

While it's not bilsteringly powerful, 23k isn't bad for what you do get. As for styling, I'm not into the wheel well shape, or the rear end styling in general, but it's a pretty good looking truck overall. IMO, the Thunderbolt package Rangers were worse looking, with the big ricer-esque wing on the back.

I LOVE the new Tacomas, specifically the quad cab short beds in black with the TRD package.

it will kill any new ranger, s-10 or any nissan mini truck on the market......

FROADER said:
I don't like the new tacomas, especially the shark fin wheel wells.

You wanna talk shark fin wheelwells? Talk Colorado/Canyon. Doesn't get any more shark finnier than that.

i dont like the new sporty tacomas but the offroad package isnt bad, i have to agree with everyone else though with the shark fin wheel wells and say they are ugly

needs bigger wheel/tires to fill those wheel wells... and it still looks like an offroad truck with an identity crisis

but i bet its quick and handles great (for a truck)

Back