TPMS alternative part number needed | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

TPMS alternative part number needed

ScHmO

Reaction score
City, State
Littleton
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Eddie Explorer
Sorry if this has been asked before. I just got some rims for winter tires and want to get the valve mount type TPMS for a 2010 Explorer. Does anyone know the OEM Ford Part number for this?

The band type TPMS is part number 6F2Z-1A189-A.

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You will have to install bands then.
No you don't. Ford makes valve mounted TMPS units that will work. I just need to know the part number. The people behind the parts counter at the local dealer are not the brightest. The owners like folks on this forum know more.

I think that any 315mhz sensor would be compatible. When I did my sensors for my summer tires I went with the orange electronics universal sensor where I could just copy the original sensor ID and paste it to the new one.

You mean 9L3Z-1A189-A? their 315 mhz for the newer wheels? Are they backwards compatible?
That may be it. It's all about the frequency. I'm hoping that someone here has done it. I checked the Orange website (thanks for the tip) and the 06-10 Explorer uses SP101. According to the Orange website my SHO also uses SP101. Checking Ford parts, the OEM for my SHO is 9L3Z-1A189-A.

It looks like DE8T-1A180-AA can also be used. Does anyone know if this is correct?

Well I've been buying sensors from many sellers on eBay and Amazon and they always show up with dead batteries. Trying to save money is a time waster sometimes. So I found out the these sensors will work with the explorer. The newest version on the sensor is put out by Schrader and is part number 33500 and it will work with 2006-2010 explorers. I'm going to buy them at Discount Tire. The guys there said that they will sell to me for $40 each and guarantee them.

Back