TPMS problem | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

TPMS problem

Mendel s

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 fpiu
Hey guys new to the page I have a 2013 fpiu and whenever I hit 50 mph for a few minutes the tpms light starts to flash then stay on and cluster reads tpms system fault and when I shut off the car and restart it the light goes away and doesn't come back till I hit highway speeds again

Any ideas to try or the solution would be greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum Mendel.:wave:
This is an issue that hasn't been reported here before. Have you actually physically checked each tire's PSI?

Peter

Welcome to the Forum Mendel.:wave:
This is an issue that hasn't been reported here before. Have you actually physically checked each tire's PSI?

Peter
Yes they're all fine my buddy has a fpiu as well and his has the same tire problem

If the tpms valves are still original, it’s possible that the battery(s) in them are dying and, as the tire/valve heats up while you’re driving, it somehow affects the remaining signal.

If you have a separate set of tires (winter/summer), try those and see if you still get the error.

On
If the tpms valves are still original, it’s possible that the battery(s) in them are dying and, as the tire/valve heats up while you’re driving, it somehow affects the remaining signal.

If you have a separate set of tires (winter/summer), try those and see if you still get the error.
Only have one set of tires but I will try changing them I didnt think of that thanks

Always troubleshoot before replacing parts. Check for codes and have your tpms tested.

Back