• Register Today It's free!

TPMS Sensors

Diesel Tom

Reaction score
City, State
Stone Mountain, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Ford Explorer
It's time to replace the original TPMS sensors on our 2007 Ford Explorer. The lithium batteries are starting to go.

I found some OEM Ford TPMS sensors on eBay. They are classified as new and the vendor has a good rating. The price is good ($106 for four) and the vendor has sold a good number of them.

My question is does Ford routinely sell off their stock of TPMS sensors if they have sat on the shelf too long? Could I be getting some "old" sensors which have never been installed or used?

Recently I had the TPMS band break inside the wheel and destroy the original sensor. Discount Tire replaced it with their brand and it has worked great the past two months. They have the learn tool. I have bought a few sets of tires, including the Explorer, over the past few years so they did it for free. You might find a good deal for a good shop to do the install and everything if you use theirs. Just a thought.

Recently I had the TPMS band break inside the wheel and destroy the original sensor. Discount Tire replaced it with their brand and it has worked great the past two months. They have the learn tool. I have bought a few sets of tires, including the Explorer, over the past few years so they did it for free. You might find a good deal for a good shop to do the install and everything if you use theirs. Just a thought.

I believed the replaced one of mine too, for free. I had a slow leak in one of my rear tires. They sold me the aluminium wheels were only going to get worse though, they look okay cosmetically, but they told me the hole where the valve stem goes through and the inside of the rim has some corrosion, and that eventually I'll need new rims. I'm going to go with Ford OEM rims when that time comes.

Back