• Register Today It's free!

Tpms

Tyleryac

Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Ford Explorer XLT
I had the "Tire Pressure Sensor" fault on my Explorer due to one missing sensor.

I took the car to the Ford dealer and they replaced the sensor. After replacing the sensor and preformed the relearn the message center still shows "Tire Pressure Sensor Fault"

The dealer said the other sensors were working and that my Tire Pressure module/monitor was broken. They said that the sensor could have been broken for so long the computer will always show the fault.

If the monitor was broken, wouldn't the monitor fault show on the message center?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You can verify that the sensors are good by performing the relearn yourself. If at some point during the relearn one of the sensors can't be trained, then I've found that usually means the untrainable sensor is bad. If you're still getting the fault after verifying all the sensors, then I would think it could be a bad module. Never heard of a bad module, but anything is possible I guess.

I had the "Tire Pressure Sensor" fault on my Explorer due to one missing sensor.

I took the car to the Ford dealer and they replaced the sensor. After replacing the sensor and preformed the relearn the message center still shows "Tire Pressure Sensor Fault"

The dealer said the other sensors were working and that my Tire Pressure module/monitor was broken. They said that the sensor could have been broken for so long the computer will always show the fault.

If the monitor was broken, wouldn't the monitor fault show on the message center?

He said the sensors were working but the module was bad. He is going to try and reflash it on Monday.

I spoke with the dealership again today and I was told that the message center is still showing "Tire Pressure Sensor Fault".

The service manager said that they will reflash the system again today and let me know.

I was also told that the "Sensor Fault" goes away once you drive the car.

Does this sound normal?

I was also told that the "Sensor Fault" goes away once you drive the car.

Does this sound normal?

I haven't tried that yet, waiting for the TPMS warning message on the message screen to go away on it's own after I drive off. I'll try that tomorrow morning when I head to the gym and get back to you. I usually just tap the reset button before I pull away to clear the screen. I haven't had TP sensors in my Ex/wheels since I purchased the vehicle 4+years ago and every time I start the engine, the warning message goes off. Just got use to clearing the screen with a tap of the reset button. FYI, The dealerships cannot shut off the PCU's TPMS sensors due to their being considered a safety device.

That was the same with me. Once I stated the car, I would hit reset.

Please try and see if yours goes away once driving the car. Thanks.

Good news. They were able to fix it!

Back