Trac SAS... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Trac SAS...

So deal is not final but looks like I will be getting a 2001 Sport Trac next week. It is 2wd and has SOHC 4.0 5 speed auto. I will be swapping in D30 like the Merc. SOA in rear and totally custom front set up.

Look something like this when I am done probably not as much lift. Like to Keep COG down.

Trac.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

any reason for doing this or you just feel like SAS inganother ex, just asking since you just finished the merc.

haha that is what i figured, are you going to run the same set up as the merc or something different, do you have any other plans for it?

haha that is what i figured, are you going to run the same set up as the merc or something different, do you have any other plans for it?

Pretty much the same as the Merc. Only it will have a truck bed. Should be able to knock it out quicker too since I know most everything I will run into. And I don't have to move the oil filter this time.

Is it for yourself? Or Customer. Sould be pretty sweet.

What are you gonna do as far as drivetrain? Already have a trans and transfer case and axle??

Definetly gonna be watching as I plan on doing a SAS, SOA like Chad's ST to my '03 ST 4WD in the near future if everything works out like I hope it will.

What are you gonna do as far as drivetrain? Already have a trans and transfer case and axle??

Definetly gonna be watching as I plan on doing a SAS, SOA like Chad's ST to my '03 ST 4WD in the near future if everything works out like I hope it will.

Axle, transmission, and Tcase I can get at the local U pull for under 500 bucks. There is wrecked Sport Trac sitting at the one I visit. The U pull yards I goto once a vehicle hits 10 years old they start appearing. So looks like Sport Tracs will be hitting the yard just in time for me to do this build. Just in last few weeks since I did the Merc and did 4406 Tcase I have found 5 more 4406 they go for 100 bucks a piece. Nice thing about living in the Metro lots of cheap parts to be had.

$500 bucks for all that, I need to move back out west, WTH !!!! Good luck with the build, I'll be watching how it goes.

I could make a living just pulling parts and selling them on Ebay if I had time. Parts are dirt cheap out here. I bought a D60 and Sterling 10.5 with 4.10 and LSD from a 04 Super Duty for 230 bucks out the door for both axles. :D That has only happened once. LOL

For me. I am getting the truck on trade for some work.

i remember the last build your wife liked the merc and "took" it off your hands is this the replacement?

I have found 5 more 4406 they go for 100 bucks a piece. Nice thing about living in the Metro lots of cheap parts to be had.

I'll take one ! :p:

Got it last night. Cost me 100 bucks and about 8 hours worth of work for the truck.
Not 100% sure I am going to have time to do the SAS right now. My wife told me to sell it so we will see.

CIMG0442-1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Any updates?

Back