Traction Bar Bushings for V8?

ahodges

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Millbury, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 XLT - 347 S/C
Has anyone ever replaced the traction bar bushings on their V8 truck? Better yet, anyone know where I can get them??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Where is the track bar ??? I have a 99 ex and it has ifs...

Where is the track bar ??? I have a 99 ex and it has ifs...

Traction bars & track bar are two different things. The traction bars are on the rear axle on top of the springs. We do not have a track bar.

They only came on V8 models. It attaches to the top of the rear axle and then to the frame.. There is one on each side and they serve the purpose of keeping the axle from "wrapping" on the springs.. They prevent wheel hop

Ever find these?? I can't seem to find them either:(

Some years ago the bushing on the anti-windup bar (that appears to be the part you are referring to) started making annoying noise. The local Ford dealer informed me that the bushings are not replaceable, and not available separately. A new bar came with the bushing already pressed in. Wasn't expensive, so I bought one. May be discontinued now, but worth trying.

Ever find these?? I can't seem to find them either:(

Could be, but I kinda gave up on my search for them and haven't ran across any replacements yet either.

You could probably just use universal bushings. If you'd like, I can measure mine since they're off the vehicle right now, and give you some dimensions

That would be great!

Some years ago the bushing on the anti-windup bar (that appears to be the part you are referring to) started making annoying noise. The local Ford dealer informed me that the bushings are not replaceable, and not available separately. A new bar came with the bushing already pressed in. Wasn't expensive, so I bought one. May be discontinued now, but worth trying.

Ill give them a call

Just a fyi.ford does carry the bar with bushings. They run $49.62 a piece. .not bad for the stealership!!

You can buy 2 part liquid polyurethane in a large variety of hardness and make your own pour in place bushes.
I wouldn't recommend the average joe makes all his own suspension bushes but a traction bar bush would be pretty safe.

If you can't find one and then you could try to make your own and it shouldn't be that hard...

I used some bushings from "ENERGYsuspension"

but (im sorry) I cannot remember the part number.
I bought them right off the shelf at pepboys (because)
they looked like they fit, and they were 8.99) had to buy
two packs

they fit almost perfectly, except I had to slightly drill out
the center for bolt clearance.

they have a customer service line.......might be worth a shot

hope this helps....

:salute:

I used some bushings from "ENERGYsuspension"

but (im sorry) I cannot remember the part number.
I bought them right off the shelf at pepboys (because)
they looked like they fit, and they were 8.99) had to buy
two packs

they fit almost perfectly, except I had to slightly drill out
the center for bolt clearance.

they have a customer service line.......might be worth a shot
http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/Energy-Suspension-Universal-Link-Flange-Type-Bushings.asp
hope this helps....

:salute:

Back