Traction Bars for explorers!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Traction Bars for explorers!!!

Troll

Reaction score
Check out my new custom made Traction bars.
http://www.speedfreak.cc/troll/tb/troll-tb.jpg
They are on sale for $550 shipped. Just e-mail me.
They work real well, trust me when you are going sideways down the street it makes it more controlable. They are adjustable for the track so you can preload the suspention. I have not tried them with slicks on yet but they are working pretty good with regular tires now.
Troll

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

are they traction bars or a rear swaybar? anyway...that thing is really beefy...i bet it will work great on the strip

oh ok i see it now...that looks pretty sweet...too bad it is only for the 2wd streeters though..i think it kills way too much ground clarance...but on a streeter that is ok....

Hey those look pretty cool.

1995ExplorerXLT

Troll, that looks awesome but please excuse my ignorance. What's a traction bar??

Thank you TarHeel085 I couldn't see a damn thing either untill I read your post. I was looking at the pic and was like OK? What?

Looks great! I wouldn't mind one. It I ever get a super charger, the trax bars will bolt on the same day!

Originally posted by '96explorereddiebauer
Troll, that looks awesome but please excuse my ignorance. What's a traction bar??

Traction bars are the black bars you see in the pix that are below and parallel with the springs. They are designed to prevent 'axle wrap' or axle twist, which causes wheel hop under heavy acceleration. There are several types. There are bars that just bolt onto the axle and the leaf springs (called 'slappers' because they slap up against the front of the spring under acceleration) that just effectively lengthen the mounting of the axle from a single point on the spring to a two point mounting, one where the axle is currently mounted, and one forward near the front of the spring. Another type is called a 'ladder bar' (the old ones looked like narrow ladders, hence the name) which bolts or welds to the frame forward of the spring, and is bolted or welded to the axle. These work much better than slappers, but are usually harder to install and usually cost more. The ones on Troll are more like a ladder bar and kinda look like they are emulating a 4 link suspension system from what I can see.

YOU ARE CORRECT. THANK YOU FOR THE INTELIGENT POST!

Thanks for the detailed explaination Jeff!! I learn something new everyday...never gets old.

Back