Traction control? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Traction control?

I replaced mine. Still no cruise. I'm starting to think it's the clockspring. Does anyone know if the 2004s have a diagnostic self test procedure for the cruise control?

I replaced mine. Still no cruise. I'm starting to think it's the clockspring. Does anyone know if the 2004s have a diagnostic self test procedure for the cruise control?
The only other switch I know of is the one on the brake pedal. I replaced mine and that, too, failed to bring back my missing CC.

I have a 2004 NBX with TC and AdvanceTrac. I'm currently getting "Check AdvanceTrac" on info center and cruise does not work. I assume it's the pressure switch on the master cylinder. So, I guess my AdvanceTrac is not working. It does, however, say that TC is on. My issue is, when I turn at a stop sign, light, or just around a curve, it acts like I've taken my foot off the throttle. You can actually feel and hear the throttle let off and rpm drop. It is very annoying. I'm on asphalt and there is no chance I'm going to lose traction, but it does it all the time. Is this the TC doing this? If so, how do I turn it off? I have tried holding the button and all kinds of stuff but it never turns off. Is my TC button bad? Is this loss of acceleration normal when turning on even the slightest turn on solid asphalt?
Not normal as per the overview from Ford manual attached. There are at least four different fused inputs to the ABS/IVD module and only removing fuses seems to disable abnormal activity on my misbehaving Advancetrac. Mine sends Uncommanded brake pulses rather than affecting the engine power. FYI I changed out the entire hydraulic control and the logic module on mine ( 2003 Explorer) and it still sends Uncommanded brake pulses.

9F48937F-F6CF-468C-A9F9-9407EC5CD2E5.jpeg

Back