• Register Today It's free!

Tractor front tow hitch build

Blue91Ex

Reaction score
City, State
Maine
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 XLT
So to add another non explorer thread to this subforum, I built a front receiver hitch for a Kabota tractor a while ago for a friend. Well sorta built, more "modified".

I started with a rear tow hitch off of an 80s ram truck, because we had it laying around and I didn't feel like building the whole project from scratch if I didn't have to. Anyways here Is the pics, I really only built the side pieces that attach to the tractor's front brush guard, and chopped up the hitch and welded some stuff, but I took pics so I figured I'd share it with you guys.

Note, the pictures with it not painted, I had only finished half of the welds, and I did make sure all of them penetrated the metal well, though some pictures don't really show it well. I'm not going to let someone get hurt or break their stuff because I didn't build something right.

9BVBlgw.jpg

Yu7Q8Tg.jpg

M2HmsWq.jpg

vgYMXhV.jpg

Some paint..

wB9ggTJ.jpg

jarPS9Y.jpg

vJR1FLD.jpg

And he sent me this picture today.

1C64Q5E.jpg

The whole purpose of this thing was so that he could move his trailers and camper in and out of his newly built garage easier with the tractor. IT is built in a way that sets it out far enough so the booms for the tractor bucket and forks doesn't contact the top of the camper while turning.

Anyway let me know what you think guys or share similar projects you have done!

Back