• Register Today It's free!

trade for my white LTD grill?

oscillot

Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer Ltd 302A
I have a body-colored white grill on my 2011 Explorer Limited, and would like to trade for the matte silver OEM grill that comes on the base and XLT Explorers. Anyone near San Diego up for trading in person?

car-photo-2013-ford-explorer-limited-driver-front-corner-white-platinum-metallic.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just remember that asking for a base grill vs. a XLT grill is not asking for the same thing. The base grill is a slightly darker gray, where the XLT grill is more of a silver color :) (or is that no longer the case with newer model years??)

Just remember that asking for a base grill vs. a XLT grill is not asking for the same thing. The base grill is a slightly darker gray, where the XLT grill is more of a silver color :) (or is that no longer the case with newer model years??)

I always wondered this. Are the Base and XLT grill the same color or different. When I see other Ford’s I can usually tell if they are an XLT/Base from a Limited but never an XLT v. Base.
- Justin

im interested. I have an XLT. Mine vehicle tuxedo black though, so i may not like the white grille on black vehicle... ill let it marinate in the meanwhile though.

PM though if still interested. I am.

oh, not in san diego though... Memphis.

On Ford's site they list the base model as having a Foundry Gray grille, while the XLT comes with Satin Silver.

Out of curiosity why do you want to change the grille? I see a white 2013 Limited parked outside my window every day at work and I'm always jealous of the body-color grille. I have the Satin Silver on my XLT and I hate the way it looks; it just goes with nothing else on the vehicle except maybe the wheels, but they're spaced so far apart it's irrelevant. I'm going to get a quote on the black grille from the Explorer Sport in the spring :)

Just my personal preference - I like the Explorer grill better in silver.

I would trade but I'm in Salt Lake City

Keep in mind, the white grille on the Limited's are "White Platinum", while the color white (of the car, not the grille) on the XLT's and base models, are "Oxford White"... Two different kinds of white here.

The person with an oxford white XLT or Base likely won't want an platinum white grille from a limited - the two colors are just enough to notice the difference.

Here's a dumb idea, but here goes:

A.
1. Wait until Sports come out
2. Find someone who has a Platinum White Sport who wants to swap grilles (sport for a limited)
3. Swap grilles with them
4. See if someone wants to swap a sport grille for an XLT grille.
5. Swap grilles with them. Three people get what they want.

B.
1. Check Ebay
2. If found, buy on Ebay

C.
1. Order and buy Matte Silver Grille from Ford Parts shop at dealer

...That is unless someone doesn't mind the color difference b/t the XLT & Limited or someone doesn't mind the difference b/t the Platinum White grille of a limited and a different body color of an XLT.

Oh, yeah!!! You can also check pick and pull.

LeFurg, good point about the Oxford White vs. White Platinum. I totally forgot about Oxford White!

Keep in mind, the white grille on the Limited's are "White Platinum", while the color white (of the car, not the grille) on the XLT's and base models, are "Oxford White"... Two different kinds of white here.
White Platinum is an option on the 2013 XLT (although it costs extra), as is Oxford White. The base model only has Oxford for a white color.

If someone was willing to do the trade they'd just have to make sure they had White Platinum instead of Oxford, but I imagine anyone that would be on these forums would already know that about their EX :D

White Platinum is an option on the 2013 XLT (although it costs extra), as is Oxford White.

White Platinum is an option on the 2013 XLT, huh? I did not realize that. I had to go to the Ford website and look - Wow! For the first MY's, it wasn't.

That would make it a bit easier then wouldn't it? :D

Back