Trading in '11 limited for '13 Sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Trading in '11 limited for '13 Sport

Carnivore

Reaction score
City, State
Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 sport
Looks like I'm going to do it. I want the dual turbos so bad I'm willing to trade in a car less than two years old. The only thing my new explorer doesn't have that my old one does is the adaptive cruise control.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Enjoy the turbos! I did just what you are doing a week ago! I love the Sport! I didn't notice any huge difference in ride quality.

Looks like I'm going to do it. I want the dual turbos so bad I'm willing to trade in a car less than two years old. The only thing my new explorer doesn't have that my old one does is the adaptive cruise control.
That is the feature I use the most and now wouldn't go without it. I also refuse to buy any vehicle that requires premium fuel for it to achieve optimum performance.
Good luck and happy motoring.:thumbsup:

Peter

Enjoy the turbos! I did just what you are doing a week ago! I love the Sport! I didn't notice any huge difference in ride quality.

So how is the power? Is it worth the switch?

That is the feature I use the most and now wouldn't go without it. I also refuse to buy any vehicle that requires premium fuel for it to achieve optimum performance.

Peter

really? I put every option in my Sport on order but that as I see no value it based on the very few times I might ever use it

So how is the power? Is it worth the switch?

The power is great!! I love horsepower & want quick acceleration. I felt that if I was giving up my car that I didn't want a grocery getter. I drove a limited (granted it was only a test drive), but I really had to step on it to get the initial get up & go. The sport responds fast & effortless in my opinion. The only problem is my lead foot which is not helping gas mileage. I really enjoy driving it.

Yeah, the salesman pretty much told me not to even care about my gas mileage for the first few weeks as I won't be able to stay out of the throttle! Highway on ramps....man, just no way to describe the way this thing goes!

Peter

I have run tanks of both premium, and regular... the performance difference is negligible under regular use, and the performance boost, even on regular, is incredible.

I look at it the opposite way. Most cars where you throw turbos or sc's on there REQUIRE premium fuel, the Sport lets you use the fuel that best serves your needs in the moment. It's very efficient in that sense.

I'm pretty amazed that the sport runs with regular just fine. No knocking or pinging at all (although it's still brand new!) -- but 13Sport is right, it's rare that a turbo car will take anything BUT Premium. It save me a little money in my more frequent fill-ups.

...and exilepa: That sounds like such a dealer thing to say. Mine said that the gas mileage will get BETTER so ignore it for the first little bit too. They'll say anything!

Back