Traffic Alerts Disable? NAV/MFT | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Traffic Alerts Disable? NAV/MFT

Westerdave

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer LTD
New to this forum, so please do not flame me as I have SEARCHED through the MFT system, this forum and manuals .... I just haven't LOCATED the answer!

Background (if you care to read):

I live in the Batimore/DC area so it is fairly congested. Anytime I input a route into NAV around rush hour, I get a half dozen or so sequential traffic alert pop ups with a loud alert that I need to clear off the screen by choosing "avoid" or "ignore." Every traffic incident pops up individually and then everytime the speed or condition at one of the sites changes. It is not uncommon to get 15 of these alerts in a 1.5 hour commute.

Nice feature for the occasional major incident on an unfamiliar route, however, a major annoyance to click "ignore" on every single traffic disturbance between DC and Baltimore.​

I find the red/yellow/green traffic coloring along the route to be sufficient for my needs. The "pop up" traffic alerts are too much.

MY QUESTION: Can these alerts be disabled and how?

MY QUESTION: Can these alerts be disabled and how?

Hey, Westerdave!

Welcome to the forum!

It sounds like you have your alerts set to MANUAL, which will make you choose between ACCEPT and IGNORE. You can also set it up as AUTOMATIC and it will reroute you to avoid the traffic area.

To get to these preferences, press on the following options on your MyFord Touch screen:

MENU > SETTINGS > NAVIGATION > TRAFFIC PREFERENCES

For more information on this and other navigation features, please see your MyFord Touch Supplement, page 63.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Rebecca

Thank you for that information.

Am I missing something or is there no option to say:

"Automatically IGNORE" or DISABLE traffic alerts and diversions?

I don't want to detour off of the highway every time there is a traffic incident, and due to the volume of traffic incidents in a populated area at rush hour, I don't want to be continuously be alerted and have to respond to the 10 or 15 incidents I may encounter.

Thanks in advance!

Dave

Back