• Register Today It's free!

trailer rental

DjHumbug

Reaction score
City, State
Columbia, Maryland/Towson University
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLT
Hey all, what up? I'm new here and I just purchased a 2002 Explorer XLT...I own a business and needed a car that could tow a trailer for my DJ business...however, when I just called U-Haul, they said they won't rent to Ford Explorers anymore.

Can someone, by chance, tell me a place near Columbia, MD that will rent out 4x6/4x8 trailers?

-David

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the site. Try ABC rental center on Dobbin Road. I rented a 10 foot flat trailer to take stuff to the dump before from there.

are they closed trailers? i need something exactly like what u-haul offers but the company claims to not rent to explorers...something that covers my equipment

You can call them and find out tomorrow.. I can't remember but I think they had some in stock to rent.

Man, if you're a DJ, you should think about leasing or buying a trailer. I would think it'd be a pain to haul all that equipment around only to have to unload it from the trailer all the time.

I agree. If you are looking into doing this for a living, buying your own closed trailor is a small capital investment.

I used to own a 1992 dodge grand caravan...everything would fit. i'm only 19 and in college, so i didn't wanna buy another "soccer mom" car. The explorer holds enough equipment for me to do a normal show but if I do big parties/dances, I need a trailer. I only do about 2-5 big dances where I need that much equipment, so $10-$20 a use for a trailer isn't bad at all....besides, it would be kept in Columbia and the city is real stupid with things sitting in front of the house...i just need to find a place that rents them too explorer drivers. sucks we can't rent from u-haul

abc doesn't rent out closed trailers...has anyone got any other ideas??

do you know anyone that has a truck??? If so just have them pick it up and drop it off.. That or switch the badges to say its a mountaineer.. Uhaul will only not rent to Explorers. They don't care if its a Aviator or Mountaineer those they will rent to..

i asked a few places if they knew anyone else in town and no one said they could give me an answer. I found one other place but its $110 to rent, compared to $10 from uhaul. The next best thing is to just rent a truck from uhaul, but that's lookin like $75 or so (u pay per mile w/ the car..nothing w/ the trailer). anyone else have some ideas?

I'm confused..is there a valid reason that they won't rent to peopel with Explorers?

It is U-haul's policy. Do a search on U-haul on the forum and you'll understand.

u-hual is jsut being stupid... they wont rent to you though.....

Back