Trailmanor | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Trailmanor

I had an almost impossible list of requirements to get a trailer: (1) must be short enough to fit in our driveway. (2) must have a 3 piece washroom with holding tanks. (3) have hard sides. (4) ability to sleep 5. I found it, but it has a very special and dedicated following, the Trailmanor.

For some reason, I can't figure out how to post images from my computer, so all I can do is post links to factory images: Videos

Set up is truly simple. It takes more time to level, attach hookups, than it does to set up the camper itself. To set up the camper, you
1) release latches
2) pull the front shell up, lock it.
3) pull out front slide or bed
4) pull the rear shell up, lock it.
5) pull out rear bed.
6) lift into place 2 upper cabinets.
7) set up bathroom walls.
The rest is other stuff that has to be set up in any other camper.

It works well for us. My wife is happier feeling more secure, and has a toilet that is separate from the shower. I admit, it's not for everybody. The windows are necessarily smaller, but we actually like that. If we want to see nature, we will go out. Inside we get plenty of privacy. The other advantage for us is that we can stay with HarvestHosts sites. Imagine staying overnight at a vinyard? Waking up in a lavender farm? Picking all the fresh berries you would want for breakfast when you wake up?

Ours is the 2720 model which means when it's set up, it is the equivalent to a 27' camping trailer. When closed, it is 20' from hitch to bumper. They also sell a 3326 which is equivalent to a 33' camper when set up. Unfortunately the 26' won't fit in our driveway, but we're happy with the 2720.

That looks like a nice camper. It definitely is the best of both worlds with it's hard sides and expandable capabilities.

All walls are made by sandwiching 1" Styrofoam between aluminum. This makes up all walls and the roof. The floor uses 4" Styrofoam, I think. This reduces weight, increases insulation. On the downside, windows have to remain small to keep the walls structurally strong.

Floor plans are necessarily limited, but we don't mind.

Back