• Register Today It's free!

Trailmaster's New Promise

felsmann

Reaction score
City, State
HB, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Explorer Sport
I just got off the phone with Trailmaster, and the new promised date for the '98-'00 4" lift is 8/1/2000.

We'll have to see.

------------------
Juan Felsmann
'97 Sport 4WD 5spd
Warrior Twist
www.explorer4x4.com/thaven_juan.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

TRAILMASTER LIFT HISTORY Dead Link Removed

Spring '99: promised release by May 99

May 99: email sent to Rick by Trailmaster president promising imminent release by month end

June 99: ??? May came and went, no word

November 99: kit seen installed at SEMA show in Las Vegas: out by Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving 99: out by yearend

12/31/99: ??? no word

January 2000: tested at Truckhaven, out by March 2000

March 2000: out by end of March

End of March 2000: out by April

April 2000: ??? no word

May 2000: out by 8/1/2000

No, Juan, we WON'T see.

No more waiting for me. My 2.5" suspension lift project is begininng this weekend. With my torsion lift that'll total a 4" lift, and I won't have to drop the rear torsion brackets either. So I could also use it if I had a '95-'97. I hope to have it finished and tested soon. 4" suspension + my 1" body lift + extra 1.5"-2" radius of my oversize tires and I'll have a total of 6.5"-7" lift.

That will be enough, and I'll be riding on it in a month or two, not waiting on Trailmaster to release one in time for my unborn grandchildren to buy.

------------------
Gerald
"Nerves of Steel; Brain of Chipmunk"
'99 Eddie Bauer 4x4 4.0L SOHC aka "The Jeepeater"
Dead Link Removed
"What the heck is he doing out here in that thing???"

[This message has been edited by GJarrett (edited 05-19-2000).]

You're right Bro!!
Well, we'll wait for you.

------------------
Juan Felsmann
'97 Sport 4WD 5spd
Warrior Twist

Juan,
You'll have to wait behind me, I get lift #2. Dead Link Removed
I don't suppose they gave you a reason why they have been dragging their feet did they?
You know it gets a little tiring after a while hearing them say it's going to be ready next month or in 2 months. They have been doing this for over a year now. Dead Link Removed

------------------
Happy Wheelin'
Ray L.
97 XLT 4X4 4.0L SOHC
Dead Link Removed

I know Ray, that is why to weeks ago I decided to make an appointment for the 1st week of June @ this shop that will give me 4" with the Superlift for the '98 Ranger. Just like TC's It is $2K installed, which is not so bad considering the fact that the Ranger one is about $1800.

If I get it done I will definetly be sending you guys some pictures!!

------------------
Juan Felsmann
'97 Sport 4WD 5spd
Warrior Twist

A guy I know at Les Schwab (a trailmaster partner), was told they wouldn'y be settled in to their move to Corona, Ca for 6 more months. The guy I spoke to at Off-Road Warehouse said they wouldn't be settled until December.

Off-Road Warehouse has a bodylift now (see Dead Link Removed ) for $132.99. They have 3 locations in SoCal.

Juan, do you have the name and # of that shop that will install the Ranger Superlift Kit?

Does anyone know if the '98-'00s have the same front and rear as the '95-'97? I understand that only the '95-'97s have welded rear anti-sway bars, but aside from that?

Off-Road Warehouse also told me that those of us with the 2-door '95-'97s can replace the unileaf rear, with the 4-door leafs, bu you must take the 4-door U-bolts, and Spring Perch as well.

LiveOakPrk@Mobsters.com

------------------
'95 4x4 2dr
31x10.5x15's on 15x7's
K&N

Nate,
The only known difference between '95-'97 Vs. '98-'00 is the crossmember of the Torsion bars,(not the anty sway bar)

The shop's name is Custom Motor Sports in Riverside, CA 909-549-1740.

------------------
Juan Felsmann
'97 Sport 4WD 5spd
Warrior Twist

Back