• Register Today It's free!

Trails??? Where???

96XSport

Reaction score
City, State
OC, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Expo Sport
Hey guys I am back with more questions. I was wondering where could i find a listing of trails here in southern orange county? or surrounding areas. My friends and I usually crash around on the dirt road of Trabuco Creek rd. known as "Holy Jims". Its a dirt road that leads into the Angeles Nation Forest and at the end of the road there are many private cabins. There is fun little "Off Trail" drives but its illegal to use them so we stay away. We have also been up to "Halls Masion" which is a road that leads up to the top of a mountain where a large home burnt down several years ago and the road/long long driveway got torn up and now is a fun but very challenging trail. I wouldn't recommend anything bigger than an explorer up there, parts of the road are missing and it takes some skilled driving to by-pass those areas. We have worn those trails out and want new adventures! Can anyone help?

Does anyone know of any trails in the So Cal area?

Where can i find so listings?

Has anyone been out to Barstow "rasor road park"?

Thanks Jeff

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Jeff, I moved your thread to the Trails forum.

There are places to wheel in SoCal, it all depends on how far you want to drive.:D

You might check out the Big Bear area, there's lots of trails of all ratings.

Bill

My friend and I would like to go to big bear we both know there is a lot of 4wheeling out there but do not know how where they are. Do you know where we can get maps? Its only about 2 hours from here so we'd really like to go. We have been searching for trails forever and can't find anything. Thanks Jeff

There is also Silverado Canyon road also known as Black Star Canyon its not that far from Holy Jims.

Also It is illegal to drive any where at Holy Jims even the main road at least thats what the police told us.

The best maps for the area are Sidekick offroad maps, get them at any 4x4 shop. I think there's one for Big Bear and one for Arrowhead. Also, maps are available at ranger stations.

Don't forget about the maps available here on the board too through amazon.com...click on the bookstore tab on the home page ;)

Holy jims

GIJOE -
I am not sure about that. Because I have done voulenteer work for OCSD and I talked to Captain Watson he told me there is nothing wrong you just have to obey the 15 mph speed limit and keep the dust down. It is considered a road, because of the cabins back there. We have never been stopped in there. We always see mommy's and there hummers out there all the time. Its quite a site to see a mom gripping the steering wheel with her husband giggling in the passenger seat. But i am not sure. But oh boy holy jims can be fun after a good rain.

Could you tell me more about this Silverado Canyon? Thanks

***HUNGRY VALLEY SATURDAY THE 6TH***

My friends and i will be out there... If you are gunna be out at Hungry Valley on Saturday Ill be on CB channel 2.

Well Silverado Canyon is cool it starts on a old pavement road and then it hits the dirt and you go side to side up the hill and when you hit the top you have two ways you can go and on those two trails there are more trails you can take. I have only gone down three of the trails the two main trails and one side trail. And each trail has ended in a different area one ends in Corona another ends in Riverside and the other ended right at I-15.

To get to Silverado Canyon you go on Jamboree towards the hills and then at the end of Jamboree you turn right on Santiago Canyon Road and then you go down aways and turn left on Silverado Canyon Road you will see a sign that says Black Star Canyon. After you turn left on Silverado Canyon Road you need to stay to the right and follow that road. Then you will go through a town past a post office and homes. The trail starts at the very end of Silverado Canyon. At the end there will be a gate and the gate will tell you if the trail is open or closed and if its closed it will tell you when it reopens.

Back