Tranny issue in 04 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tranny issue in 04

9L2Z7G391A is the part you need.

BTW, I refilled mine by removing the rear speed sensor from the top of the tranny and filling through that hole using a hand pump that attaches to the top of the fluid bottle. That way, I just did an initial fill with engine off until fluid came out the drain hole. Then, I put the fill plug back in and added more until I had put a total of about half a quart more than what I drained out. I then fired the engine up and let it warm up about 10 minutes, went thru the gears, then opened the fill plug and let it flow out until a needle size stream came out.[/QUOTE]

Good call on that I think im having a solenoid pack issue myself with my 02 Mountie. I already flushed the transmission myself professional with a machine with no change in results and also have all my gears. Just as a guestimate how many quarts qould you say is a good starting point after dropping the pan?

I know 9L2Z7G391A is the part that should go in there. My question is would the 1L2Z7G391AG also work? Isnt the 9L2 just a newer revision for more reliability? I can get the 1L2 for a lot cheaper. I am really looking to put the least amount of money in my vehicle being though it has 250k with other problems. I am really looking just to buy some more time until I can get another vehicle. Thanks

Back