• Register Today It's free!

tranny/Tcase issues

jake122288

Reaction score
City, State
Pleasantville, iowa
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 4-door xlt 4x4
well i posted b4 as my rear end issues...rebuilt the rear end and now the driveshaft wont spin...where as it did b4 i rebuilt the rear end (and i have ppl that will vouch for this) so im left to do some work in this area now.... how do i test my tranny, tcase, and torque converter???? is it one of those things where i will have to drop them from the truck and take them to a shop to have them tested or is there something i can do at home? and could this also possibly be that my filter is just clogged? and further help would be appreciated since now im beyond the rear end (i still dont understand how it would spin b4 i rebuilt the rear end but not now) and on to the tranny now...thanks in advance

well i posted b4 as my rear end issues...rebuilt the rear end and now the driveshaft wont spin...where as it did b4 i rebuilt the rear end (and i have ppl that will vouch for this) so im left to do some work in this area now.... how do i test my tranny, tcase, and torque converter???? is it one of those things where i will have to drop them from the truck and take them to a shop to have them tested or is there something i can do at home? and could this also possibly be that my filter is just clogged? and further help would be appreciated since now im beyond the rear end (i still dont understand how it would spin b4 i rebuilt the rear end but not now) and on to the tranny now...thanks in advance

oh and i need to add this...since due to my frustrations i failed to mention that it is a 94 xlt explorer with the 4.0L and the a4ld tranny and the dumb electric push button shift transfer case... and to re explain the problems the truck is having...i put it in gear you feel it engage... and it wont move until you hit about 3500 rpms... and then its very slow and not steady moving... could something like the tranny filter being clogged do this...its been a while (well overdue) since its been changed but idk...im just stumped any help would be awesome ad i dotn wanna fix something that isnt my problme that consumes too much money adn time and i dont have alot of both lol

This probably should be moved to transfer cases, diffs and transmissions. There's some very knowledgeable people on the board who can give you advice on this.

Back