Trans. oil cooler line replacement. ...HELP! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Trans. oil cooler line replacement. ...HELP!

Trac726

Reaction score
City, State
Tampa FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
08 Explorer SportTrac XLT
2008 sport trac 4.0

Hey friends, im looking for a little help with replacing my transmission oil cooler line that goes into the radiator, driver side. Its leaking.

I replaced the radiator a few weeks ago but ran into a problem getting this line out. I yanked on it for a good hour and a half and that includes yanking it in all kinds of direction in my frustration. The inside clips would not give. Long story short, I had to bring it to a shop and they ended up having to unscrew the whole fitting and cut it off the line.

Now its leaking at the new fitting on the radiator and im thinking between me pulling on it and them cutting at it , it must have bent or something. Has anyone replaced this? If I get the metal line, am I able to cut the rubber hose and insert the new line into the rubber hose and tighten with a hose clamp? I truly appreciate any advice and know how on this. I really dont want to bring it back to the shop. I have a pic ready but I cant figure out how to post the pic on here from my tablet.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Bump

Anybody?

Yup, its leaking from the fitting.

Back