• Register Today It's free!

Trans problems

mlclayton

Reaction score
City, State
Oroville, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 Mazada Navajo
I have a 1992 Mazda Navajo with an automatic trans. Last night it started to shift really strange, like sticking in gear. If I let off the throttle, it will up shift. Seems like it also shifts at very different rpm's, kinda randomly. Any suggestions? Mike

trans problem

Yes, it was the modulator!! I've had this vehicle for about six or so months, and am still fixing\undoing all the so-called repairs from the last owner. Apparently it must of had a bad vaccum line in the past and was replaced with a piece of tubing that looked more something you would find on a swamp cooler. The tubing had dried up and went away, so I replaced it with some high temp silicone tubing that I had. Works like normal now. Thank you guys for your very informative site. Helped me out tremendously.

yeah i got my truck from my mom and lets just say it hasnt seen an easy life since she bought it new. But i love the thing even tho its slow and getting old. But i must say i can count on it starting every morning and i laugh when my friends make jokes about it but when their cars are broken down and i come to their rescue i get back at them. Good luck with your truck

Back