• Register Today It's free!

trans starting to slip

wrigley_1285

Reaction score
City, State
Decatur, Illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 Sport
Ok here's my problem. I've got an '00 Sport with 105,000 miles on it. It has the auto trans with 4X4. I've probably only put 2000 miles on while towing stuff. Nothing much just 4 wheelers and motorcycles nothing much more than that. Once I had to tow my friend's tempo about 15 miles back to his house but that was almost 2 years ago. I don't know what the person who owned it before me used it for but it couldn't have been much because when I bought it, it looked like it just came off the showroom floor(60,000 miles). The tow ball on it didn't even have any rust. The trans didn't start slipping until it hit about 100,000 miles. It doesn't do it every time I drive just at random. It doesn't matter if it's cold or warmed up, it does it whenever it decides to. Basically I'm just wondering if anybody else has had this problem and if anyone can tell me what they had to do to get it fixed. If worst comes to worst I'll throw a new trans in it when it finally drops. But that's really expensive and I don't want to go through that hassle. I don't know if this would cause any problems but last February I got rear ended at a stoplight nothing major the kid hit me at 40 mph but the only damage it did was destroy the bumper and the rear fender flares from the bumper getting pushed forward.

Did you check the fluid level. you could try running some sea foam or transx. There might be something stuck in there and that stuff might free it up. There are a couple other guys (Tranny Gurus) that should chime in soon.

The fluid level is good check is every few weeks. I didn't know that there was a Sea Foam for trans and I've never heard of Transx.

Anybody got any info. Some help would be great. Thanks

Back