trans trac service light - anyone familiar? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

trans trac service light - anyone familiar?

FordExplorer2012

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer
The wife was driving the 2012 Explorer and says she's seen a light on the dash come on a few times in the past week or so, that states "service trans trac". It only comes on briefly, not long enough to snap a cell pic. She claims it doesn't flash repeatedly or stay on, it just comes on for a couple seconds. But she swears that's what it says. I can't find anything about it anywhere on the internet. Of course, I've found lots of info about the "advancetrac" light, but she swears that's not it. I'll ask her more about it this evening, but I'm not sure yet if it comes up on the actual dash/instrument cluster, or on the message center screen in the middle of the dash. We have our local dealership that we've dealt with for over 25 years that's going to get it in and they're super reliable, but unfortunately not until later in the month.

Anyone know anything about this or does this sound familiar?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Using the Forum's 'Search' feature in the upper right I was not able to find any reference to "service trans trac". There have been posts on 'advanctrac'. Here is one that I found. AdvanceTrac Service Alert and Transmission Slips into Neutral!
Please complete your registration by adding the 'Required' "Trim Level" (Base, XLT, etc.) to your profile so it appears in the margin. That can be useful info to have at times. Thank you.

Peter

Thanks Peter. Like I stated in my initial post, I too have searched here (and the entire internet for about an hour this morning) and found lots of info regarding "advance trac" issues, warnings, codes, etc. But the wife insists that the message showed up as an overlay on the fuel gage segment of the instrument cluster, and it stated the exact words "service trans trac". Today was the first I had heard of this issue with our Explorer, and she said it's only shown up about three times total, and it only shows up for about three seconds each time. She said the first two times she saw it, she was driving in traffic and it caught her attention, but by the time she could focus on it, it had disappeared and she couldn't make out what the message stated. So naturally, she wasn't too concerned about it. This time (this morning), she was sitting in line at the bank, in drive with her foot on the brake and the car wasn't moving, so she was able to catch what it was. But by the time she picked up her phone to snap a picture of it, it had disappeared again. I asked her if she had recently noticed any odd behavior or abnormal characteristics, but she says it's been performing just as normal as ever.

Regardless, we have an appointment in about two weeks, because our smalltown dealership is backed up due to the approaching holiday. I just wanted to find any info I could on the issue to be certain we're not going to escalate the issue, with a delay in service. FYI - couldn't update my profile earlier because the car wasn't here. Hellifiknow which trim level it is... I never really drive it.

."Hellifiknow which trim level it is... I never really drive it." :D Thanks for the laugh.:thumbsup:

"Thanks for the laugh.:thumbsup:".

Thought you'd like that. Without looking at the tailgate, I couldn't tell you. I know it's black and has leather seats. Pretty sure there's a motor under the hood, and it has four doors too.

Back