• Register Today It's free!

Trans valve

mrn65

Reaction score
City, State
New Orleans, Louisiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 explorer
Hello members, I've got a question that begs for research....
I have a 07' E.B. 4.0l that I had to have the valve body of the trans replaces TWICE...and I'm wondering if it's a common thing with this truck.
First time was in 12' & most recent was back in May.
Thanks in advance, MrN65

I'm not sure with your year but I know dealers will sometimes just replace the whole valve body instead of diagnosing the exact issue because a dealer will replace things but typically don't break something down find the problem and rebuild it. Iv bought used "dealer take off" valve body's before with nothing wrong with them there quick to throw parts at it sometimes not all techs are guru's I'd check the tsb's for your vehicle and see if it's a common issue or do some googling.

Hello members, I've got a question that begs for research....
I have a 07' E.B. 4.0l that I had to have the valve body of the trans replaces TWICE...and I'm wondering if it's a common thing with this truck.
First time was in 12' & most recent was back in May.
Thanks in advance, MrN65

They do have issues and I have to replace them from time to time, twice on the same truck seems probable. If because of the same symptoms then maybe look a little further in to the diagnoses to make sure nothing else in going on.

To bad it's not a recall have you looked into that? Doubt it since a dealer would have done it for free if it was. Could be electrical any tsb related to this problem?

Back