Transcooler quick connect | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Transcooler quick connect

Kevin Montgomery

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Explorer Sport Trac
Hello. I had the transmission and transcooler line replaced on my 07 Sport Trac earlier this year, for 6K. The transmission is leaking now at the quick connect. I bought a doorman with the double o ring seal to replace it myself hopefully. I was trying to find out if I need to drain the radiator first, or if I can replace it without draining and not getting any cross contamination from fluids. I can't find anything definitive by google and thought someone here could help me make sure before I do damage to the new transmission. Thanks so much!
Kevin

Never heard of anyone actually replacing the connector. If you do you will have to drain the rad, and hope that it seals back up with the new connector or risk cross contamination. With mine, it was the retainer on the inside of the connector of the jobber rad that was the problem. i still had my old rad so I took a dental pick and carefully pulled out the retainer and o-ring from my dead factory rad and installed them in the jobber rad. Hasn't leaked a drop since, knock on wood.

Back