• Register Today It's free!

Transfer Case Fluid

2000co

Reaction score
City, State
Englewood, co
Year, Model & Trim Level
'05 Mountaineer V6 AWD
What transfer case fluid you recommend? The delaer told me they no longer sells Mercon and to use Mercon LV.

I read that you can use the Valvoline multi-vehicle transfer case fluid or mobil1 ATF. Will either work and be a better option than Mercon LV?

I just want to make sure I buy the correct fluid. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What transfer case fluid you recommend? The delaer told me they no longer sells Mercon and to use Mercon LV.

I read that you can use the Valvoline multi-vehicle transfer case fluid or mobil1 ATF. Will either work and be a better option than Mercon LV?

I just want to make sure I buy the correct fluid. Thanks

Sounds like the dealer wants you to destroy your transfer case so you'll buy a new vehicle from them which is what Mercon LV or Mercon V will do.

You're going to want to find one of these two:

716ffIfVyZL._SL1500_.jpg
855459.jpg

Technically, this can be used in a pinch. Super Tech Automatic Transmission Fluid, 1 Gallon Bottle - Walmart.com

It's a shame a dealer would wrongly recommend this.
Completely incompetent, or worse, as TG wrote.
It's a shady world out there!

Sounds like the dealer wants you to destroy your transfer case so you'll buy a new vehicle from them which is what Mercon LV or Mercon V will do.

View attachment 322337 View attachment 322338

Technically, this can be used in a pinch. Super Tech Automatic Transmission Fluid, 1 Gallon Bottle - Walmart.com
Thank you for the information!!
I can't find the Motorcraft but the Valvoline is available at Advance so that's what I'm going to buy.

View attachment 322337 View attachment 322338

I am having trouble finding those, would this work ?

Ultralub ATF Dexron III/Mercon Transmission Fluid Multi-Purpose (3) https://a.co/d/3Ptv5Jz

Back