Transfer case Hi Low collar, or range shifter (pics) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Transfer case Hi Low collar, or range shifter (pics)

DingoNatas

Reaction score
City, State
Portland, Oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Ford Explorer E.B.
Had some issues with my rig. Pulled the transfer case and found this along with some other issues.

IMG_20151018_185625140_HDR_zpsttkjhjm0.jpg

IMG_20151018_185640711_HDR_zps6ixymqvn.jpg

IMG_20151018_185930927_zpshffo9ccd.jpg

IMG_20151018_190000391_zpsvkvbla0h.jpg

First question: Is this still a viable gear?
Second question: Where do I get a new Hi Low collar, or range shifter gear?
Last question: Where do I purchase the Omega Shift Fork?

Thank You.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Read through the 4405 rebuild and am using it for my rebuild. Found the Omega arm. Found the high/low gear, I had to hunt it by P/N. Ordered a rebuild kit. Should be ready to go in a week or so. Thanks for the info.

Ford BorgWarner BW4405 4405 Transfer Case Slider Collar: $42.50
Transfer Case Rebuild Kit Ford Borg Warner 4405 BW4405: $65
Borg Warner 4405 Updated Shift Fork: $55.75 PLUS SHIPPING

Good to hear. Let's see some pics of the rebuild when you get it going!

I thought about that. My concern is, I am far from a mechanic and truth be told I don't know what I'm doing. But I'll give it a go.

You've got a good start there, you've already dug in deeper than a lot of people would. Take your time, keep everything clean, take a lot of pictures along the way to help with reassembly. If you get to the point that you want to throw a tool or a part, it's time to walk away for a while.

You're almost my neighbor . . .

Good Luck!

My concern is, I am far from a mechanic and truth be told I don't know what I'm doing. But I'll give it a go.

:hammer::hammer::hammer: LOL CLASSIC

That describes about three quarters of the people on here. But together we can from ONE GOOD MECHANIC! Kind of like Voltron... :D

Back